Blog Archive

*EDIT* So I am an idiot. Not only did Istress and strain to find 18 movies to fill my 16 movie quota, I then posted my key instead of the quiz. *headdesk*

A. Pick 16 of your favorite movies.
B. Then pick one of your favorite quotes from each movie.
C. Post the quotes in your journal.
D. Have those on your friends list try to guess what the movie is without Googling, you cheating fuckers.
E. Strike out the quote once it has been correctly identified and place the guesser’s username directly after the quote (whenever I get to it, since I'm doing this while I'm uploading a huge frickin' file).


In my case I picked 16 movies that I could remember the names of. I can't think of 16 favorites. I don't watch that many movies.

yanked from and

1 "Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?"


2 "Freedom? We have it! And fame? Nah. It's an empty purse. Count it, go broke. Eat it, go hungry. Seek it, go mad!"


3 "If you're looking for a partner, then stop flying solo."


4 "Our domain is the shadow. Stray from it reluctantly. For when you do, you must strike hard and fade away . . . without a trace."


5 "An intelligent guard... didn't see that one coming."


6. "God, I miss Communism! The Red Threat? People were scared, the agency had respect, and I got laid every night."


7. "Greatness. It comes in many forms, sometimes it comes in the form of sacrifice - that's the loneliest form."


8. "There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool."


9. "Hey, c'mon. We're superheroes. What could happen?"


10. "He's right on top of us. I wonder if he is using the same wind we are using."


11. "They don't advertise for killers in the newspaper. That was my profession."


12. "That's a pretty big risk for a Science Officer. It's, uh, not exactly out of the manual, is it?"

13. "Archaeology is the search for fact... not truth. If it's truth you're looking for, Dr. Tyree's philosophy class is right down the hall."

14. "I'll kill you with my teacup."

15. "I'd like to wish you the best in your future career, but I doubt you'll live long enough to have one."


16. "Oh, what a romantic notion. Do you honestly believe that I could've amass the wealth that I have if I worried about honor? Ooh, no, no, no, no, no, tisk, tisk, tisk. So, pretty boy, if you don't want Hugo over here to come rearrange your features for you, I suggest you just give it up."

17. "I am not going to sit on my ass as the events that affect me unfold to determine the course of my life. I'm going to take a stand. I'm going to defend it. Right or wrong, I'm going to defend it."

18. "Then, if you'll excuse me, but I'm in the middle of 15 things, all of them annoying. Thank you for coming by."

No comments: