a decade

http://ronin-kakuhito.livejournal.com/273582.html
10 years.
It has been 10 years since 1998.
I don't have time to do the research to talk about how the world has changed.
10 years have rocked the world to the very foundations.
Some times though, it looks like nothing has changed at all.
I run into that especially when I go to things with the young activists and what have you on campus. They talk about events of a decade ago, of the culture of then, as if it was a foreign country. And to them, it is. I know the world has changed since I was in highschool and they were beginning grade school, but I'm sure it hasn't changed quite that much. This isn't where I wanted to go with this post. I've been doing a lot of musing about the state of the past's future recently, and it tends to color the things that I say. I'll be back in a minute with the original intended post.

No comments: