Blog Archive

My username is _____ because ____.

ronin_kakuhito
This is a user name I had started using several months before joining live journal, when I was first starting to devote some serious time to writing. I'd been spending a lot of time writing back and forth with some Japanese friends at the time.
Almost every instance of my name lacks the underscore, but this time I used it to differentiate the two words. I did register the other version of the name and I intend, some day, to mirror this journal over there. This is not that day.
Prior to this one, most of my user names had been based on the phrase voice of the people, often latin renditions, or character names from online rpg sessions.

My name is _____ because ______.

ronin_kakuhito
I've been using it as a tag. (I'm probably going to change it to my own name sooner or later. I've been using my real name around and about more and more recently.

My journal is titled ____ because ____.

Reflections from the narrow road to the interior.
I had just read Basho's Narrow Road to the Interior when I started this journal. I had intended to write a daily poem for the journal, and eventually to try to do some group poems in one of the Japanese styles. You'll notice that lasted less than a year.

Actually, this one is called "The Mirrored Road into the Interior" since it is a mirror of my primary blog over at ronin_kakuhito.livejournal.com

My friends page is called ____ because ____.

Friends
This is the default. It didn't seem like the sort of thing that needed naming beyond the entirely functional default name (though, I could argue about the vocabulary of the social interface on LJ...)

My default userpic is ____ because ____.

A screen shot from an old C64 Usagi Yojimbo game.

The picture spoke to the wandering idea that informed my initial selection of the user name. Also? I had just bought a hat like his. It is currently sitting on the head of my gargantuan red dragon mini.

No comments: