boo Yah

please disregard the last post title. I just finished the damned thing. Well, wrote the last sentance.
Oh shit. I forgot the transitions I decided to write when i was done with the rest. Well, I thought I was done. *sighs* Abstract and Absurdist give me almost as much trouble to write a villian. At least in this case it is a lack of words not a feeling of slimyness inside when I get inside a particularly nasty villian's head.
At least the story is finished, the rest is cosmetic.
Now I can repolish the piece I wrote before this one and send it off. (I told myself no working on the Catapult story until I finished this one. yeah, 4 months later...)
*sighs* my work is never done. After I finish these two, I've got at least two Samuel Prior, professional government psycopath stories to finish, as well as the colony at the end of the first terran empire story to finish. (and as Eva said (in nicer words) a bunch of historical crap to cut and show from the viewpoint of the colony instead of the empire. Sorry Eva, but I am not making the heroine in the early years any more realistic. She's a Prior. It's like being a Long but less god-like. And less inbred.)
But if I can sell all five, that is something like 1000-3000 dollars (and the right to join the Science Fiction Writers of America, since 4 of the five are SF. Oh I also need to work on something SF not in my History of the Terran Empire setting. Even the Catapult Rider story is very early in the setting)(one of the few stories I ever hope to write set soon enough that I can hope to live to see it not happen)

Poor Lloyd David. He wanted the computer, but I was on a roll and now he's asleep. I keep forgetting that he sleeps more than I did at his age (I wasn't sure about that initially, but then I remembered, at his age his dad still lived here, and I used to have to sneak to read into the wee wee hours of the night (like 3am)

No comments: