Splat Whoosh

Today just went down the shit tube.
A friend of mine just got really pissed off at me and some how I doubt that an honest appology will do any good. It mostly works out to a radical deviation in our conceptual frameworks which happens to be in a region of particular importance to the other party. It probably wouldn't have happened if we'd been having this discussion face to face. First off, I would have altered the tone of my arguement to fit the other party's resonses. Empathy is much less effective in letters. Secondly she would have cut me off before I managed to dig a hole that deep and either rerouted the conversation to the things I left out or required an explanation of the things I said that she was upset about.
(See, I manage to burn the candle at both ends, both pissing people off with what I do say and with what I don't say. *sighs* A few of the people who read this know what I'm talking about. Believe it or not, I'm even worse in static formats like e-mail. Well, okay, John already knows that.)

Splat Whoosh factor 7 or 8 if I can be allowed to confine splat whoosh to personal effects. I think that is fair as good and bad thins are good and bad to different degrees ad differelevels of focus.
Splat Whoosh is the sound of fecal material striking the rotating oscillator. It is usually a metric of the impact of an event on world affairs, so pretty much any conflict on a personal scale has a splat whoosh factor of zero or one (okay, so assisinations of political figures can be a lot higher, but...)

On the other hand, on the personal scale, I may have just lost a friend. And perhaps worse than that is having hurt a friend unintentionally.

No comments: