Blog Archive

So, I stayed up and watched disk 5. Gods, I knew that 6:19 was going to be rough, sort of an emotional low point in a fairly depressing season. It was well handled right up until the last two or so minutes. It wasn't actually clumsy, but while it serves a point in the overall plot, the mechanics of the events of the last minutes of the episode deprive what could have been a much more powerful scene of meaning. Well, I guess nihilism is meaning of a sort, and this is the season where the characters are shoved into nihilistic molds, but at this point in the narrative it no longer serves. And no, this isn't just me being pissed about my favorite character.
On that note, I cried. That's not necessarily saying a lot, books make me cry reasonably often, though TV seldom does.

No comments: