Geek overdrive.

Yeah, I'm about halfway done with a packet of character creation information for a campaign that I have yet to hear any interest in. Now, halfway is a nice relitive term, and in no way shows how this calls back to the geekyness of my youth. In absolute terms I have produced twenty pages of information for character creation for a game I am not even sure will have players. That is like when I spent all summer working on a nearly full sized (or so it seemed) color map of a world that I never ran (but I would have if I hadn't lost the portfolio case it was in while passing out from dehydration in Chicago.) Well, not exactly like that. It is much less geeky than a map of a world made up of more than a pad of graph paper... But I am talking about a total of maybe 40 pages of information (gods I wish I had an electronic copy of the Faerun campaign setting. Mostly I've been typing info from that) which I may never even use. Though even if this campaign doesn't take off, I suspect that the next thin I run will almost have to be Forgotten Realms. If I run it face to face, I'll probably buy some of the other books (damn you hasbro, just because I've been gaming long enough for the dollar to drop in value by half doesn't mean you need to double the price of your books.)

No comments: