Thomas Covenent

I'm not sure that this is good news exactly, but Stephen R. Donaldson is writing a third Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever , following if I understand this correctly, his son. I read all six books (and the Mirror of Her Dreams series) and immensely disliked the author for using those heroes in those worlds (Well, the Mirror series gets better at least. Thomas Covenent really has no redeeming qualities at all. The Land deserves better. (I am not condemning him for the Rape he commits about 60 pages in. I'm condeming him for being a completely irredeemable person. I like anti-heros, but Covenent strikes me as somewhat below even Elric in redeeming qualities.
I hope that Steve makes good on the promise of the Land in this book (Best setting ever, better than Middle Earth, Better than Akaris)

No comments: