Blog Archive

No, I'm not procrastinating.

Well, let's see, today I've toted baskets of wet clothing for mom and watched her make sugar cookies by a recipe that was badly flawed (mainly I left key steps and instructions out.) I've spent a lot of fairly unproductive time on the internet, tried to find the phone number of a guy I want to use as a reference but the university he works at is apparently having server problems. I cut a limb off of the mulberry tree and come closer than I like to think to knocing the power line off the house (I caught the limb in time, and I don't have any evidence that it would have actually taken the line down, but it was a nervous moment there.) None of the remaining limbs are over the power lines or in a position to fall that way. I should have waited for the ladder before trying to do it though. Oh well.
Anybody have any suggestions on how to explain folks who are obsessed with money and things that you really couldn't care less how much money they have? Oi. (No names, got to protect the guilty.)
Cash has not been a major goal of mine ever. I mean I have two levels of things I want. The first is fairly inexpensive items (computers reading materials etcetra. The rest are pie in the sky items. Stuff like the HMS Victorious (which was recently for sale.) In between, I don't really have anything I want. I mean, yeah I'll probably buy a house but I am not particularly stuck on having the biggest house in the best neighborhood. Home is where you keep your books. My origional course of study in college was Philosophy and microbiology. My goal was to become a professor. Yeah they make decent money, but not gobs and gobs of cash. I graduated with the Bio and minors in this that and the other thing. I'd still like to get the PhD (no idea in what field) but as for money? I'd really like to pay everything off and become a full time writer and maybe do some traveling on foot. If the writing doesn't pay enough, I'll probably end up working long enough to pay my bills for an extended period and then go become my tag above (a wandering masterless writer. How sweet would it be to do that till I got to old to do it any more?)
Oh well. Takce care all.

No comments: